12.18.2017

DIY~Dog Treat Mason Jar

   Okay, I'm just gonna say this right away - I LOVE my treat jar.  I keep it by the door to reward Mandy when she comes when I call.πŸ™‚
   It's also great for mixing up a variety of treats for training(So she doesn't get bored).
   As soon as I take down the treat jar Mandy will be right there sitting. So far I have only taught Mandy how to sit, lay down, shake, and roll over. We are working on stay (which is taking longer then I thought) and how to hold a treat on her nose (that's really hard, btw). 

Step 1~ Paint your mason jar.
I put mine upside down so I could paint the bottom of the jar.


Step 2~ Let it dry
I painted mine in the evening and let it dry over night. 


Step 3~ Draw the paw prints 
I used a Permanent marker to draw my paw prints
(you can use paint if you wantπŸ˜‰).


Step 4~ Fill it with TREATS!







   Golden Retrievers are a smart breed. Mandy has been known to open a bag of treats in hiding, but she hasn't been able to unscrew a jar...yet. 
~
I hope you enjoy making this craft as much as I did!

5 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I might try painting a canning jar sometime.

    Lily πŸ–‰ @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily!
      You should it is a lot of fun!:)
      ~Alice~

      Delete
  2. That's neat! I don't have a dog, but if I ever get one, maybe I'll try this! (Or maybe ill make it for someone with a dog!)

    ReplyDelete